CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolved


“You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...”
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

All or nothing... It's been my modus operandi as far back as my 'I'm going to be a nun' phase in second grade. Hot. Cold. On. Off. Manic. Lethargic.

A lot of time thinking about what to do with the time I have~ left.

When I was the age of my two teens, time was just something to fill. To pass. Now, tipping the scale toward the point where I have more of the wisdom, but less of the youth, time is a luxury~ and I'm spending it at an extravagant rate.

This awareness (alarm!) is most prominent when planning for my Firstborn to finish his senior year and to head off to college. And then there was one. And she will move forward with her life... And, then?

I want to write (to entertain and to relate). To create. To plan. To embrace. To gather. To educate myself. To travel~if only to leave my comfort zone. To quit opting out. To Facebook less, and to face-to-face more. Less Bouncing Balls and more... (never mind.) To nourish~ my family... and my soul. To stop making excuses... and to accept that there is only now.

So there is no Big Reveal or resolution here to measure on an unattainable scale. 2013 is simply the end... of waiting to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. I'm going to do it ALL... a whole bunch! It may not be pretty. It certainly won't be scripted. But it will be mine~ and you're invited in for a(n) (embellished) recounting.

“Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!

4 comments:

Roberta said...

I'm ready for the ride. I am looking forward to reading what you have to write. This is the best time of our lives. Mid-life. What we gave been preparing ourselves for all this time without even realizing it! I look forward to your insight and wisdom.

Linda said...

Berta,
It's actually your (blogged) journey that has moved me to this point. I'm appreciative of your honesty and uplifted by your gains (as you lost!) Thank you for reading.

Amy said...

Can't believe my little blonde haired, blue eyed 1st grader is off to college!! I love your resolutions. :)

Linda said...

Amy,
Your blog has also inspired me. I've missed so many opportunities to capture the ordinary wonder of the kids' lives. I LOVE the books you create each year from your blog. What treasures!! Such a great mom you are!